Rear Strut Removal/Installation|
The following illustration is an exploded view of the strut assembly and
its related components.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- If equipped with Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS), remove the speed
sensor routing bracket.
- Remove the brake U-clip from the strut housing.
- Remove the two spindle-to-strut mounting bolts.
- Remove the trunk side panel to gain access to the strut assembly.
- Remove the three upper strut attaching nuts.
- Remove the strut assembly.
Return to the Service Manual Excerpt Index.
- Position the strut assembly.
- Install the three upper strut attaching nuts. Tighten the upper strut
attaching nuts to 46-63 N-m (34-46 lb-ft).
- Install the trunk side panel.
- Install the two spindle-to-strut mounting bolts. Tighten the spindle
to strut mounting bolts to 93-117 N-m (69-87 lb-ft).
- Install the brake line U-clip.
- Install the speed sensor routing bracket, if equipped.
- Install the rear wheels. Tighten the wheel lug nuts to 88-118 N-m
- Lower the vehicle.