Front Strut Disassembly|
- MacPherson Strut Spring Compressor D85P-7178-A
|2||99921-1400||Shock Absorber Nut
|3||18192||Shock Mounting Block
|5||---||Upper Spring Seat
|6||18198||Upper Rubber Spring Seat
|10||---||Lower Rubber Spring Seat
- Remove the front strut assembly from the vehicle.
- Secure the strut assembly in MacPherson Strut Spring Compressor
D85P-7178-A or equivalent.
- Compress the coil spring and remove the shock absorber nut from the
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Release the spring compressor and remove the coil spring, upper rubber
spring seat, upper spring seat, thrust bearing and strut mounting block.
NOTE: Face the direction indicator on the strut mounting block towards the
rear outboard position during reassembly.
NOTE: Face the notch on the upper spring seat towards the outboard
position during reassembly.
Return to the Service Manual Excerpt Index.
- Install the strut mounting block, thrust bearing, upper spring seat,
upper rubber spring seat, and the coil spring in the spring compressor.
CAUTION: Verify that the lower coil of the spring is seated on the
step of the lower seat.
- Compress the coil spring.
- Position the shock absorber in the compressed coil spring.
- Install the shock absorber nut. Tighten the shock absorber nut to
89-117 N-m (66-86 lb-ft).
- Release the spring compressor and remove the strut assembly.
- Install the strut assembly in the vehicle.