Front Strut Removal/Installation|
The following illustration indicates the position of the strut assembly and
its related components.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheels.
- If equipped with Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS), remove the wheel speed
sensor routing bracket.
- Remove the brake line U-clip from the strut housing.
- Remove the two steering knuckle-to-strut mounting bolts.
- Remove the four upper strut attaching nuts.
- Remove the strut assembly.
Return to the Service Manual Excerpt Index.
- Position the strut assembly into the wheel housing with the direction
indicator facing the rear outboard position.
- Install the four upper strut attaching nuts. Tighten the upper strut
attaching nuts to the 46-63 N-m (34-46 lb-ft).
- Install the two steering knuckle-to-strut mounting bolts. Tighten the
steering knuckle-to-strut mounting bolts to 93-117 N-m (68-86 lb-ft).
- Install the brake line U-clip.
- If equipped with ABS, install the wheel speed sensor routing bracket.
- Install the front wheels. Tighten the wheel lug nuts to 88-118 N-m
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check the front wheel alignment.