Ford Probe FAQ
Ford Probe Forums - Racing
Note: You must be a registered user and logged in to post messages. login | register
Author Topic: your top probe speed
weapon01 Posted on 2002-04-15 at 12:58:09
the post in the gene fom got me thinking.. keep the racing fom alive!! anyway. how fast has everyone gone in thier probes? i have yet to break 100, but then in PA/NJ with a these cops, and max speed limits of 65.. some day i' push my base 93 probe to its 120 mark.
125 Responses
Author Response
Jennifer Posted on 2002-04-16 at 11:22:55
hey...i have a 93gt...i got it up to 110 without overdrive...which is a problem i have yet to figure out.

raynfall Posted on 2002-04-16 at 14:26:54
93gt....143 That's nicely speed rated tires and a 5speed

Tygerr Posted on 2002-04-16 at 20:24:47
93Gl(ATX) 118 I think i can push past this, don't know. Usually have to shut it down as it starts climbing real slow after about 100

weapon01 Posted on 2002-04-17 at 13:11:16
yea? hmm.. my base seems to pick up around 80-90 in 5th gear..

raynfall Posted on 2002-04-17 at 14:26:46
Probes don't have a great top end. I mean, mine doesn't anyway. Least not compared to other sports car... mainly my friends Prelude. But then again, mine will get to 120 pretty well, but it's kinda slow going from there.

LilJay Posted on 2002-04-18 at 18:29:03
Well, i have a 94 Base ( Hell Yea ) and it has hit 112 and hasnt topped out yet or anything...and its a auto. so i can climb to that speed pretty quickly.

Woody 24v Posted on 2002-04-29 at 09:50:00
'94 2.5, V6. got her up to 137. had a teeny weeny bit left, but only had the car 2 weeks and hadn't sussed the handling yet as its my 1st front wheel drive car.

beanie\'s eagle Posted on 2002-05-01 at 08:31:40
You'll never see a 2.0l probe go over 118 withiout a fuel cut out mod done to the ECU eg. a chip. It's merely impossible, my 93 SE MTX cuts out at 111.

Jimmy Deez Posted on 2002-06-22 at 20:53:01
I toped out at 143,at 62000RPM,with out hitting NOS.

Black93GL Posted on 2002-06-23 at 02:52:29
same here... do you have that done to your car weapon? I also have a 93gl MTX and it's governed at 110... I stay in 4th all the way up though :) Wish I didn't have a governer, as I'm only at 5.5k rpms in 4th at 110 (I believe, been awhile since i went up there, but I had a decent amount of room until red) I've also taken my friends 92 GT running I/E, MSD, and 16psi as far as the speedo would go (I think it was 135 or 140, don't remember, but the needle was pushing pretty hard past the max speed lol..... I was racing a 300Z :)

Black93GL Posted on 2002-06-23 at 02:53:20
Also Rayn, do a cam or two and exhaust if you haven't already, that'll make a big diff to your top end :) With a sacrifice to low end of course.

weapon01 Posted on 2002-06-24 at 11:15:02
actually i haven't gotten it past 100mph. even on 95 i can't seem to have the room. once i get to around 100 i've gotta slow down.. once i'm on the road during a non rush hour time i'll make my 120 mark. :) 4th gear to 110? i think i make it to like 80 before i shift to 5th. oh well, some day.. i don't have any mods, so i'm not expecting to impress anyone. just so u know.

raynfall Posted on 2002-06-24 at 18:58:42
That's cool Black.... I'll clarify a bit though. Normal Probe GT.... not too hot. I'm getting better. I still don't think I'd keep with Bob's lude, but his car is damn fast on the highway. One of the quickest I've seen from 90 on

Black93GL Posted on 2002-06-25 at 16:29:06
Yeah I very pleasantly suprised with that my exhaust did to my top end... I use to throw it into 5th and then start crying because our cars are GUTLESS in 5th. But that is where we get our nice MPG :)

Black93GL Posted on 2002-06-25 at 22:09:04
I was btw....

Salsera504 Posted on 2002-07-12 at 00:05:05
The most I have gone is 100 in a 40, I wouldve gone faster, but dont want to get a ticket. :(. The car gave me no problems at that speed. BTW is a '93 ProbeGT. No mods.

weapon01 Posted on 2002-07-15 at 11:43:35
oh.. i hit 110 the other day.. still didn't feel like i was going to lag.. then some guy tried to go and pass me, but he gave up.. sucka! :)

raynfall Posted on 2002-07-15 at 16:53:42
I went 168 the other day. Not in the probe of course

Tygerr Posted on 2002-07-15 at 23:55:22
Ha, weapon. I got passed going 100 before by a big ass f-150. We were racing but he passed me at like 105. I was like forget it and gave up, I can't believe I lost. I thought that truck would've topped out at like 90 or something.

weapon01 Posted on 2002-07-16 at 11:38:08
everyone does seem to think trucks top out below 100.. i dunno why. though its more of an suv.. i've gone pretty damn fast in my brothers blazer.

mdot Posted on 2002-07-23 at 18:48:13
well older trucks used to top at like 85 on the dash nowadays they'll give you a run for your money. I topped at 114 in My V8 Explorer.

David Polley Posted on 2002-08-02 at 21:54:26
Chevy's built after 97 I think have a computer controled governor. 92-95 MPH is max. And it scares the hell out of you the first time. I have a Blazer and an S-10 and the both do it. The Blazer will do about 105 now with the bigger tires. It still says 94mph when it cuts out there. I won't take the S-10 that high though, she'll go airborn.

ump Posted on 2002-10-05 at 00:19:46

96PGT!!! Posted on 2002-10-06 at 11:49:19
i went 114 with more speed to go on the nj turnpike :)

Paul Hendrikse Posted on 2002-10-06 at 16:18:09
I went up to 110 in my 94 SE ATX and would have made it further if....that cop wasn't there. I threw out my anchor and the mofo still shoot 96mph. P.S. I did 160 on a my motorbike before...

richard Posted on 2002-11-07 at 23:36:42
man i don't think your base probe is going to get to 120 since it has a shut down at like 110 at least that's how my 93 probe se is but my rims and tires give 2.5 mph more

Rob Baker Posted on 2002-12-25 at 18:29:22
Dude...crank on that mother fucker! I got my needle to point at the "M" in the MP/H at the bottom of the dial. Of course if tricked the hell outta mine. I recomend a t3/t4 hybrid ball bearing turbo and disconnecting of the kill switch! She'll fly like a raped ape my freind!

Rob Baker Posted on 2002-12-25 at 18:35:20
oh's a '97 LX (you know what that means!? Canadian fuckers! 2.2L turbo intercooled DOHC) without NOS! and gets kinda squirly at, what I guess buy continuing the MPH trend on the speedometer would be 130 MPH, but I kept her goin!

jason Posted on 2002-12-26 at 22:43:16
i need to know where to get a ballbearing turbo or where i can get a supercharger made for my 93 2.0 probe if any one knows where e-mail me at

Cheeky-fellow Posted on 2002-12-27 at 17:48:30
It depends on how much you wanna spend. A real good ball bearing turbo is going to run you about 1500 dead presidents, a piss-poor supercharger can start at 1000 but will suck, and to drop a decent supercharger on it will cost at least 3000 big ones. Not only that but since it's an American car, the engine is backwards from JDM specs wich is what turbo's and superchargers are based on. I've helped build two probes, my Gen-1 GT and Rob's Gen-2 LX and we had to tear the engine out to put it on. It's almost not worth the pain in the ass.

Cheeky-fellow Posted on 2002-12-27 at 17:49:29
But look in JC Whitney catalogs or Summit Racing catalogs, you might be able to find something there.

raynfall Posted on 2002-12-27 at 23:15:44
Show me one site that has any mention of a 2nd gen PGT or "PLX" or whatever the hell you're calling your car, with a turbo stock.

Tygerr Posted on 2002-12-28 at 07:10:45
Yes, I'd also like to see some a site where it shows some proof of a 97 LX or w/e your trying to call it.

Cheeky-fellow Posted on 2002-12-28 at 14:07:09
No..I don't think we'll show you. Besides You're both cock biters and I know I don't like you, don't know about rob but pretty sure he doesnt either. So if you want proof...well we can't give you any accept for the regestration that says "IMPORT-1997 FORD PROBE LX". The sides say GT the title says LX and if we see you one day when we are blowing your doors in, we'll say douche bags!

jason Posted on 2002-12-28 at 19:29:06
hey rainy and tiger how about u go to ur local autozone and ask for an OEM witch means a stock part and ask for a turbo for the probe and they will tell u that they can order one and theres ur damn proof so shut the hell up

jason Posted on 2002-12-28 at 19:30:16
the probe did come with astock turbo so shows how much u know about your cars

Cheeky-fellow Posted on 2002-12-28 at 20:46:00
THANK YOU!...I'm so glad somebody has their head out of their asses!

jason Posted on 2002-12-28 at 20:54:33
hey cheeky-fellow u got an e mail adress

Cheeky-fellow Posted on 2002-12-28 at 21:12:36
yeah... there,

raynfall Posted on 2002-12-28 at 23:19:00
The97 PGT did not come with a stock turbo. The Probe GT had a stock turbo from 88-92.

jason Posted on 2002-12-29 at 01:07:48
no rain man from 93 to 97 some of them did but a very select few where made

raynfall Posted on 2002-12-29 at 01:42:15
Show me one site with one. Or an online parts store that sells oem turboes for 93-97. There's no mention of it on Or in the Chiltons, or Haynes, or even the Ford factory service manual. If you were to ask me to prove that I have a 2.5L V6 in my car's engine bay, I could take pics, I could show the engine exsists in stock Probes via several websites. I could back my claims up. Rob and Cheeky can't. Show me dynoes, timeslips, any webpage with info about this engine or model of probe. A video. Something other then a very unrealistic story. Rob's supposedly an engineering major in college. I know 90% of eng. majors have computers. And other PC related items. So find a friend and take a pic of the engine bay. Let's see this beast. Yiou can even email the pics to me and I'll host em.

raynfall Posted on 2002-12-29 at 02:00:53
Okay, I got bored. It's 2 in the morn and I'm drunk. And Halo is not calling me strongly at the moment. So I took 2 minutes and did a bit of research. Cheeky-fellow's email address is baker09@potsdam. If one were to go to they would find the SUNY Potsdam college webpage. You can search for people's phone #/adress by name or email. So for the hell of it I threw in his email. Suprise, suprise. Rob Baker. Looks like they are the same person. Sorry guys. Also, I can't seem to find anything about their "engeneer" program. So maybe you made that up too. :shrug:

Tygerr Posted on 2002-12-29 at 11:43:06
What an ass! That's pretty bad you gotta make up an imaginary friend to back you up & for the record, their were NO 2nd gen. that came with turbo stock, or any 2nd gen lx's, at all, none, nada, they don't exist. Unless you do actually wanna show proof, than just shut the hell up.

Tygerr Posted on 2002-12-29 at 19:50:54
Holy crap! It's true, i just wanted to check to make sure. Potsdam, NY 13676 Barrington Dr. huh, really, what about that b.s. side swipe accident you claimed to have happened to you. People like you are the reason this world is as f**ed up as it is.

Rob Baker Posted on 2002-12-29 at 22:11:43
Whoah there! looks like we've got a regular couple of sherlock holmes type detectives here! OK you caught me. I don't like you people! I never have and never will. All you do is talk about how "awesome" youe cars are, ya know what fella's, they aren't even half as cool or impressive as you think they are! Yes I do have a probe, it's not an LX it's a GT and yes it does have the old GT engine. But it's still the biggest NUTLESS wonder I've ever driven! I work with cars ALL DAY LONG, so unlike many of you, I have something to compare it with. If I had the cash to afford the car I really want I would challenge any probe, ANY PROBE on the face of the earth to a dual, but I don't after puting in that waste of time engine! I only bought that probe cause I needed a car to put miles on so that I wouldn't have to rack up the miles on the car I really like to drive and would toast any of the piles you people have, that would be the Tiburon! you think there is no aftermarket? HA! Anyhow, I was just looking for some time to kill and I thought I could waste alot of yout time as well and in these feeble little rantings you gave me all you have proven is that I got to you, I win the fight. I walk away with a chuckle while I leave your face flustered and red. Maybe I did sound stupid, it's possible that I was immature at times, yes, maybe I do need to find a life, it's quite possible that all of these things are true, but then again you are the people who sat here and argued with me for just as long as I have, probably longer since you have been taking the time to find out all this shit about me. Well, to that I saw good form you James Bond-ish type lads! Good show!. Now you can go tell everbody you made a fool out of somebody you will probably never meet and who doesn't give a damn about your opinion and really couldn't care less about your stupid little lives and if tomarrow a bus hit you he would say "damn-sucks to be them" and go about his merry day. And here are some mistakes that need to be cleared up. 1. the side-swipe did happen, though it was more like an old lady in a buick than a tractor trailer it did total the probe. 2. Yes I am a student at potsdam State but I am also in an engineering program in another near by college. 3. My probe USED to have 210 horses, and the two turbo's that were in it were T3/T4 ball bearing and a millenia electric turbo mass Air replacement. 4. I only came here to see if I could get something started...Hmmm looks to me like I did. 5. Why should I look for the approval of a bunch of dweebs who exercise overindulgence in things that not too many people give a shit about! 6. Ford Motors has got to be the most Homo-erotic motor company in the world! For example, take any ford model(exluding the f-series and taurus) and put the word anul in front of it. i.e. i)anul-probe ii)anul-ranger iii)anul-explorer you get my drift! 7. I would much rather be driving a Chrysler SRT-4 than this silly little probe 8. If my Avenger felt like running I would bust it in on all of your asses who called for it. But it's a good thing that it has no legs right now. 9. Stop bragging your cars up, you're all douche bags(don't get me wrong I liked my probe fine but it's just a car for crying out loud!) 10. In light of all these new facts I'm sure you probably hate me, but guess what, I don't know you, and I probably never will. But in the odd chance that I do meet you, I'm sure it will be rather uncomfortable for you when you're sitting around being trailer park garbage because you spent way too much time day dreaming about your car and not enough time giving a shit about real life o your Wives/girlfriends left you and your boss thought you were just a huge waste of space so he canned your ass. In the mean time I'll have stories of golf games with fellow exectuives and partners of my business and related business'. 11. The car DOES NOT get chicks, believe me I gave it a year before I gave up on that one and finally went out and got a girl on my own who doesn't give a shit what I drive as long as I don't talk about it like it was the only thing worth talking about. 12. I don't know how old you are, but you guys are pretty cunning, but if you would bave been paying attention before, to the e-mail adress' of both my names you would notice that there is a common "baker" in it! I'm actually quite disapointed that I was able to play with you guys this long, usually the smart messege boards figue it out in only a day or two! But hey it's been fun, you seem like good kids(note the sarcasm incase you may have missed it), but now I have to go play with another groop of bright, headstrong, intelegent, whitty(STRONG SARCASM there) people who will attempt to belittle me in front of numerous people. The only thing accomplished here was that you couldn't accomplish anything. You were too bust woorying about what I was going to say that you let yourselves become wrapped up in it, now that is just BAD FORM! Have a wonderful day!

raynfall Posted on 2002-12-29 at 23:01:05
Well, a few side comments for you tonight. Avengers, aren't fast, and the SRT-4 will be unreliable as hell, since all they did was take a poorly built car and slap a poorly built supercharger on it's poorly built engine. But you work on cars everyday so you should know this. BTW, want maturity, he sent me a virus that crashed my computer so I'm at a friends's house typing this and then a message to him. So DON'T open any emalis from him. And since I don't really have the time for it, I think I'm just gonna pay someone to deal with this and send the bill to Rob. Can you imagine sending a virus from an email address with your name on it? Fucking idiot.

Rob Baker Posted on 2002-12-30 at 10:54:54
will you shut it, i didnt send it to you, ya stupe-ass. I got the same thing slick. too bad my Anti-virus cought it, you should really get that looked at, you might be a moron!

Rob Baker Posted on 2002-12-30 at 10:57:07
If i would've sent you a virus, it would've blown your computer to hell, made you shit blood, messed up every electronic devise in your house and got your bitch pregnant

IHateFordProbes Posted on 2002-12-30 at 11:06:20
My name is Andrew J Baker, Rob is my brother. He has a Probe, and i agree with him, i've driven it many a times and that thing is a fucking pile. My truck has more nuts than it does. I have a '99 Dodge Dakota, Manual transmition, regular cab, short box. with 175 horse power stock, it would rip his probe apart. When i drove his car it took all the energy i have in my 6'2 280 lbs body to not stear it into a rock cut on one of the main highways around where we live. I would rather have a Coffee enema then drive that piece of shit one more time. How can you drive a Probe? Doesnt it get embarrasing when an Amish buggy passes you?

weapon01 Posted on 2002-12-30 at 14:15:01
"I don't like you people! I never have and never will. All you do is talk about how "awesome" youe cars are, ya know what fella's, they aren't even half as cool or impressive as you think they are! " *cough* penis envy.. oh and by the way.. you could at least try not to be so damn lame. i mean really.. if u wanted to be accepted (which of course you do) you might have tried.. ya know.. NOT insulting everyone.

Tygerr Posted on 2002-12-30 at 17:02:09
Umm, dude. You never seem to fail to amaze me. Your even getting your brother in on this. About the chick thing, if it's not the car, than it must be me. Either that or it's just an icebreaker, chicks do like probes on my knowledge.

BlowMyProbe Posted on 2002-12-30 at 17:06:32
you people are all so gay, why would toy get on the internet so you can brag up your car that you cant even prove is your car. No-one on here can prove ts your car, i garentee that half, or more, of you are lying and dont have jack shit and just want to sound all big and mighty, well tell ya what, you cant be big and mighty in a piece of shit ford. get a real car, get a dodge you fucking pansies

Rob Baker Posted on 2002-12-30 at 18:10:55
Yo Rayn, I'm sorry to hear about your computor, mine got iced too. My anti-virus cought it before my computor could eat itself but I didn't try to ice you. I don't know how, I talk shit but it just got serious and it aint cool, and I didn't hit you. Thats the god's honest truth!

Rob Baker Posted on 2002-12-30 at 18:12:51
I doubt very much that any kind of freindship will ever generate with any of the people on this board, but thats my fault but I wouldn't try to ice anybody even if I knew how, I'm not THAT big of an ass hole.

Eric Posted on 2002-12-30 at 19:31:47
hmmm... I really have know comment. Oddly enough he's finely sounded a bit intelligent..... whatever. I haven't actually noticed too much bragging at this forum, which is good. If Rob had taken any time to notice he might have noticed an abundance of help questions. Oh yeah, Rob, I didn't like you from the start because you talked and acted like an ass, not to mention a bad ass loser with nothing better in life to worry about then pissing everyone off and living in your own little world. I didn't have to know anything about cars to know you were full of it, but hey. I didn't care until now. At least if your a annoying little poser, you could be a quiet one. P.S. that anul things a bit wierd.... it's actually pretty true. Anul-mustang doesn't sound that bad though. Neither does Anul Falcon, anul Taurus, and even anul Ranger if you thing about it. It gives me the idea of someone tough and angry. Sorry, had to let off some steam *bad day, have to visits my dads mom, and this would cause anyone to be cranky*

raynfall Posted on 2002-12-30 at 22:56:55
I've got a few closing comments for the night before I degrade myself to hanging out with my g/f and watching bad movies. Rob wrote to me and apologized and claims he didn't send this virus. I guess I can believe him, though I already contacted the webmaster of the server it came from to the IP address it was sent from. He actualy did seem like an ok guy. It's pretty easy to brag up your car. Whether it be Dodge, Honda, Ford, or Peugot. You make up numbers and hope no one asks for proof. I think for the money the PGT is a decent car. Reasonable power, good handler. I think for the 2500 I've got into the car it would be hard to compete with. (Price without stereo estimates). Everything else aside I like my car, but don't brag about it that much. It's got 181 whp, which is decent by PGT standards and makes it a nice car to take apart Civics with. Hey it's light. But my car is not a great car. All bragging aside, here's what I drive.... 93 Probe GT Red, 5sp 163k miles Leather 181 whp the 60% of the time it's running A really loud stereo for the neighboorhood the other 40% of the time. My winter Project, (Picked up at a junkyard for next to nothing.) 87 Chevy Sprint Red, 5 speed 1 Liter, 3 cylinder, turbocharge Suzuki engine 107 ft/lbs 70 hp The goal: 1. Fix the last few engine issues. 2. Install custom built A/F gauge, and boost gauge 3. Boost controller, CAI, full custom exhaust Hopefully I can get up to 100 ish hp with it. In a 1500lb car it should fly with that power. Hell, I got it to run the quarter in 15.97 as is.... For poor pics with glare from the sun, goto....

Eric Posted on 2002-12-30 at 23:24:06
Assumaing Rob didn't send that virus I could would give him another try. He didn't sound dumb when he wrote his coming out of the closet speech thing(you know what way I mean, I just had a brain fart and couldn't think of the right word for it). Anyway, Rob, if your actually decent as Raynfall says and didn't send that virus then I am sorry for the above words, as I said, I was cranky. Like I said, I couldn't think of a better word for the message.

weapon01 Posted on 2002-12-31 at 07:23:41
you guys are too nice/forgiving.. hatred rules the world. :P and its possible that someone could have just spoofed his email rayn.. i can do it too, its not that hard. but i doubt thats whats up. if you were on his mailing list it could have been a trojan virus too, but they don't normally crash the computer, they just spread themselves.

Techie Posted on 2002-12-31 at 19:15:39 are SOO full of shit....LOL :) I can't believe you expect ppl on here to take you seriously... twin turbo AND electric SC...what a dumbass.. :My probe USED to have 210 horses, and the two turbo's that were in it were T3/T4 ball bearing and a millenia electric turbo mass Air replacement: That is probably the single stupidest thing I've read online...

Rob Baker Posted on 2002-12-31 at 22:33:16
I'm happy that I can lend my stupidity nservises, but now I'm done with the ass-hole bit and I have to get back to rebuilding my poor poor automiblie. I really could use the help. If anybody might know where I can get CV joints, Front bumpers/air dams, pass side fornt fenders and pretty much anything associated with the front end of my car. And it doesn't nessesarily have to be performance parts, just anything to put it back together. Sidenote: A T3/T4 ball bearing turbo is a hybrid turbo...meaning one, singular, alone in existance, singulr in standing! The twin I was talking about was that and the electric Turbo. Recap: Twin turbo WITH an electric trubo(two turbo's in total, more than one but not equal to three! 1 < My turbo's < 3. So if anybody might know where I could get ahold of a bunch of front end parts(preferably without taking it to a ford garage) let me know.

raynfall Posted on 2002-12-31 at 22:40:38
Rob, hit a junkyard. Fid one your color and start pulling. If not I know or a 93 Red SE that took a hit to the rear and is up for grabs. The lady who owned it saw mine and asked if I was interested. But since I have a V6, the allure of a 4 banger parts car was not high. But like I said I know of a couple of red probes that need parting uot. And I'm sure you could find one in your area if you try.

raynfall Posted on 2002-12-31 at 22:46:11
Weapon, I can be forgiving. There's no point in being an asshole over what could be nothing. A lot of people had his name available to them and could have flamed me for the hell of it. It wasn't from his email, but from a address. But his name was in the message. And then my computer was a sweet dorrstop. And my Linux box sucks :( Oh well, it's a system for now. I emailed the webmaster @ and told them what happened and they are looking into the IP address that it came from. Then I'll have an IP to chase. It'll lead to someone, somewhere. As for what it took out of my system I'm not really sure. I'll be dropping the drive in this computer to see if I can figure out what went wrong and fix this without a total reformat. I'd lose WAY too much valuable stuff that way. And the T3/T4 just explanies the specs on the 2 turbines on the turbo. There's a million sites on crap like that ut there, so I won't even go spewing info.

Black93GL Posted on 2003-01-01 at 06:24:47
I love my probe, it's a great car, that said. I wouldn't even waste the gas racing a Tiburon or a freakin Dodge Dakota (in my other car), rofl. If your going to bash on peoples rides at least have a fairly high end one or you just look like more of an idiot. Personally I don't give a fawk if a person drives a Geo or a Ferrari, as long as they are happy with it, good for them.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-01 at 10:41:01
Well thanks for the help Rayn. But I got a new one, same thing(color wise) but instead of GT it's a base. kind of like one step forward a billion and a half back. But I'm not too worried about how fast this one goes. I'm gonna invest my time into the interior and appearance of this one. First thing i'm gonna do is yank the back seats out and put in a speaker rack and then I gottaa buy some good amps. but as that goes, it's a lot less expensive than trickin out the engine, and I don't want to drop a tone of money into something that could get smashed cause potsdam has the worste god-damned drivers on the face of the planet!

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-01 at 10:57:41
And since I got a whole new ride to play with here's what I'm pachin. '97 base probe wimpy little inline-4 DOHC V-tec stage 3 cams(The only engine mod-big freakin deal) 2-8" 800 watt BOSE wave speakers to replace the rear speakers 2-8" 500 watt Rockford Fosgate subs. front speakers remain untouched. Eventually: -custom diamond plate rear trunk lid with 4 speaker cut-outs -Rear speaker: 8" bose along with 4 10", 1000 watt Kicker subs 4 100 watt amps w/ leads from of the factory amp -front speakers: 6" BOSE wave 500 watt tweeters. -Interior: Diamond plate floor mats. Custom chrome interior. Brushed aluminum show bars. I think I'm gonna make this one look faster than she'll go. BTW, does anybody know what kind of gas milage I can expect?

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-01 at 13:59:20
I have no idea what a V-Tec cam is. As for stereo, it's niot always necessary to go name brand to get awesome performance. It's just a matter of being cautious. Bose is awesome stuff, but seems awful expensive to have in a car plagued by road noise and such. I'm working Infinity's all the way around my car. I opted for 2 12's instead of 4 10's. Not quite as sharp a bang, but it allows me to dig a bit deeper into the sounds range. As for your car. The important question is left unanswered. 5 speed or slushbox. (It's okay to admit slushbox. Admitting the problem is the first step in solving it :P ) And you can mod it for speed. The J-spec engine, the FSZE is a decent one for the car. The ZE can also be dumped into it, so long as you have most of the parts from the front end of a GT.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-01 at 14:00:55
The KLze can de dumped into it as well with all that front end stuff. The FSZE is a complte bolton. Sorry, it semeed misleading after I posted it.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-01 at 17:44:01
eh...It's just a sorry little slushbox, another difference from my trashed car. I tried to find a car with 5 on the floor but I had to have it in really short notice cause my father is selling the business, so i'm out of a job soon and also out of a corp. car. I had to give the tiburon back and my avenger still doesn't want to cooperate with me, my father or the god-damned mechanic who I am going to be in debt to with that car for a long long time. As for the audio, I've always been one of those people who has thier mind set on what they want, and i've always wanted the best, BOSE and Kicker have a very good reputation among people I know who have systems in thier cars. Pioneer, Sony Explode and Rockford are nice, but BOSE and Kicker have a much higher satisfactory rate. So the best is what I want and even if it costs me thats what I'm going to get. V-Tec cams/gears are replacements for the cheesy V-tec Camshafts and gears that were in my car. I can get a decent delay with them and it gives me 25 whp or so(or thats what it said on the box and they friggin should for what I paid).

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-01 at 17:47:34
And while I'm thinkin of it,...does anybody else w/ a ATX get really high RPM's before it shifts when you really lay on it? Not that I care, it seems to take off when it hits about 3500 RPM's anyhow but i don't know if it should be so Top-end oriented.

Tygerr Posted on 2003-01-02 at 11:30:46
Yeah, it seems like it takes forever for it to shift and drags up around the 6, after it does shift though it usually gives the car a little jerk. It may be a 4 banger but it has more ass than lot of other cars. I got Pioneer full out now, i just got a brand new cd player deck for christmas, I love it. I'm in love with the sound i get from my car, as for boom i've only got 1 10" kicker solabaric powered buy a pos amp. Anyway, it's fine for now until i get some more money.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-02 at 22:24:03
Honestly Rob, from what I've seen Rockfords are a better sub then Kickers. As are JLs. I find Kickers to be distorted. That's just my experience with them

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-04 at 09:01:51
Yeah..God I'm a dumb ass. I went on the word of one of my friends, bought Kicker subs and I'd rather hear someone playing the trumpet with thier ass!...So I'm taking them back today and kicking my friend in the teeth. I think I'm going to step up the size of the subs while i'm at it...So you like Rockfords and Pioneers eh...I'll have to look into them. I may just get two more BOSE subs...BOSE kicks all ass!

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-04 at 15:54:48
Rockford DVC Power HX2 Series. VERY nice. not cheap though. Infinity Perfects are decent for a cheaper price.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-04 at 15:59:57
Speaking of which, since when does BOSE make subs for cars? What type are they?

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-04 at 17:20:35
They came out of a Pontiac Grand Am GT with the "audio" package from BOSE. I think they are the only thing half way decent to come out of that car. Anyway, I'm not sure what kind they are...they don't say the model. But I'd imagine they would be pretty close to the "wave" speakers. It's totally possible too that when I booked this car in I read in the NADA book "BOSE audio package" when it said "Boss audio package" I'll check monday and get back to ya. I don't think they are Boss though, They sound better than Boss speakers.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-04 at 17:24:22
I am currently in the process of tearing out 6" BOSE speakers out a a stereo my mom has and never used, 150 watts capabilities, I'm gonna "cobb-job" them and hook them up in the front. I bought 2 10 inch Rockfords BTW. I don't have them hooked up yet cause I don't know where I want them to go but I've hooked them up for a "test" run and they kick like a b***h!

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-04 at 18:13:58
My old Mercedes has 8 way Bose. No subs though. My mom drives it now. She gave me a car when I was younger. I gave her one back. It was either the Probe or the Cedes.... I made my choice and I'll stand by it.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-05 at 18:52:21
I retract my previous statement! Rockford Fu**ing suck! Hooked them up the way I wanted to do it(bolted face down on the rear shelf) and the right speaker tore! I wasn't even pounding them! So I sent thier asses back to Northern Music and bought two 8" pyle subs. I havn't even dicked with them yet, I'm still pissed about the Rockfords going to shit!... BOSE Wave woofers, thats what they say on the back of them anyhow. Self amped to 150 watts with 800 watts capacity(like i'll ever get them high). I'm now to the point where in nedd to invest the money to beef up my high end performance. Queens Ryche, Skid Row and Ozzy sound kind of odd with no high end behind them.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-05 at 21:58:41
Pyle's suck from my experience. And base end Rockfords do suck. A decent level Rockford speaker will not tear under the power you're using.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-06 at 16:50:13
The only thing I can find in fault about the Pyle's is the fact that the bass hits with a little bit more treble than the Rockfords did-before they tore.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-06 at 23:49:22
No idea. I love my friends Rockfords. I wish I had moer money when I bought my subs, because I'd have the same ones.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-09 at 07:40:42
I thought they sounded freakin awesome but once the one tore I took em back. Besides, I think they would have rattled the shit outta my probe. Top speed of the new car: 120 (approximatly) before the car shut off. I'll soon disable the kill switch and drive it till it blows :P

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-09 at 13:15:07
It's not a switch. It's in the ECU

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-11 at 13:00:04
Same thing...:P I know it's not a switch, but thats what i've called it since i was about ten so I'm in the habbit.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-11 at 16:53:12
You say you'll "disable the switch". That makes it sound liek you'll merely unplug a wire and everything will be kosher. It takes a bit more then that

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-11 at 21:05:54
Yeah I know, and I don't know what the hell I have to do to do it, But my freind Jim does and he's gonna hook me up when we get back to college.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-12 at 16:00:59
Get a new ECU...... Or reprogram yours. And let's be honest, Mazda did an incredible job programming these ECUs. If you mess with them, you WILL lose hp. Not worth it. Do you really need to go over 120? The car most likely has nothing left to give at that point anyway. You MAY make it to 125, but I suspect that's it.

Powered_by_Mazda Posted on 2003-01-14 at 19:40:46
93 PGT... I was racing a 2nd Gen MX-6 LS... I hit 124 not trying to top it out.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-14 at 21:50:51
93s dont cut out. Mine runs out of engine at 143. Well, that was before mods. But the engines into redline there anyway so i dont think id push it mroe anyway. 168 in my friends old Camaro.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-15 at 18:48:13
I really don't need anything over 70, hell the speed limit is at the fastest 65. so maybe I could use 75 to 80...I would never really use it, I'm not in that much of a hurry to fuck myself or my shit up again. I just like saying I can. I've been down the road in a Del Sol thats tricked out to hell at about a buck sixty or was all I wanted to be doin with the front end dancing like that.

Tygerr Posted on 2003-01-16 at 15:28:48
Del Sol's are shit, everyone I've seen. My friends sister, the one i got my 10" kicker from, had one. It was bright green w/ yellow racing stripes, double decker spoiler, 17"rims, tint. All show, no go. She wouldn't race me in it as she told me she'd lose. However, I saw her up at the mall once but her b/f was driving, the guy that beat me in the acura(barely). I revved at him, wanting my chance back and blew them away. I felt good again, now he's got an impala now so i can't compete.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-17 at 00:03:22
Probe handles well at yhigh speeds, but I agree that there's a point where its just too fast.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-17 at 17:09:19
Impala's are in a totally diff. class as our probes so it's ok. My probe is a hell of a car. twice the car of Jim's Del Sol. An d I think anything over 100 is pushin your luck(in anyhting). shit can happen way too quickly for that kinda speen. Dogs, deer cats, dudes and chicks would never see you comin. I'd say that all that I would want to be doin is 80,..maybe 85 on the freeway where the limit is set at 70 or something like that. All show and no go is ok as long as you advertise your car that way. If you Say "yeah man!, this car of mine is a bad ass, just look at it! Doesn't it look fast?" You're a douche if it can't push anykind of power(like stock Del Sol's). But if your car looks good and flies, then thats a diff. story. A pile can go fast, as long as it's got the ponies to power it. Looks are looks, power is power and sometimes people combine the two without taking care of both areas. Thats what I've seen.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-18 at 12:43:39
Speeking of fast and god looking, on Ebay there is a red and black Gen-1 GT. NOS and turbo!..This dude knew what he was doing with his car.

Justin Posted on 2003-01-19 at 09:07:35
I think the 2.5 v6 just runs outta power at about 143-144 mph... thats all Ive had mine up to and I couldnt get it any faster. But hopefully with this KLZE motor Im getting I can go alittle faster.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-19 at 11:29:20
Gearings gonna limit you to that area anyway man. The cra's rev limiter hits not letting thge engine spin itself into destruction and the gears are only good for a certain speed at that top rpm. But who really needs to go 150mph

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-19 at 13:42:51
I've never really wanted to go that fast myself...but there is something about saying you can and having it be legit.

Ramjet Posted on 2003-01-28 at 12:13:11
I've had my 94 5-speed PGT speedometer maxed out at on the m of MPH. so I'm guessing thats about 150-160. ALL STOCK!!

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-29 at 00:14:10
Your car does ont go 150-160mph 145 max.... Given the gear ratios in our cars your cars engine would have to spin faster then the rev limiter allows to let it go that fast. Sorry, If your speedo says your going faster then that it's wrong. Mine is.... Maybe your tires are the wrong size or maybe something else is a bit amiss.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-29 at 11:16:40
I can't get my base over a buck ten, maybe fifteen unless I use nitrous. That gives it a nasty kick in the ass!

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-29 at 23:21:21
Your car has nitrous?

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-30 at 10:23:54
It does now. And I aint gonna bs either...I didn't put it in, the mechanic at my garage did. all i know is that it's ZEX, it's only about a 25 shot and when you push the button, it goes real fast in a really short amount of time. thats all i know about it.

Tygerr Posted on 2003-01-30 at 20:48:03
What all kind of engine work did you do to your car? Your gonna blow that thing up if you get trigger happy, err button happy w/e. I kind of wish i had nitrous right now, I lost a race to a f*ing sunfire again, but then again. I whooped this hottie in a cavalier today also.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-31 at 07:48:46
AH...SF's? I could take sunfires before the nitrous. I only used the ZEX once, just to see how fast I could take it, and it's not a very big shot.

Tygerr Posted on 2003-01-31 at 15:30:00
Yeah, but both sunfires were manuals. Maybe that has something to do with it, other wise I have no hell how you can do it.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-01-31 at 17:21:00 lost me on that. I've pounded on sunfire GT's that were sticks. Cavaliers and Sunfires are really underpowered i think, stick or not. I had a 2 dr LE that was a stick last summer for a while. It sucked, I lost more races than I can count in that thing. The only ones I lose now are to people with 350Z's and big 6 packs like that. But I did beat out my friends Camaro RS the other day. And as far as engine works, I've put new injectors, headers, pitsons before the ZEX and obviously fue rails with it.

Tygerr Posted on 2003-01-31 at 21:57:52
OH.....ok. Your engine wasn't stock, that's the problem. People don't believe me that my car can pack a punch when they hear it's a 4 cyl. but it does have power compared to other cars i've driven. Anyhow, from the looks of it, I'm currently in the process of getting a loan for that gt as everythings checking out great. Than I'll be complaining about losing to vettes or something.

raynfall Posted on 2003-01-31 at 22:52:14
Give specs on engine work. What pistons? What injectors? Where did you find bigger fuel rails for our cars?

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-02-01 at 14:14:49
I told ya, I'm not gonna BS you guys this time cause I didn't do the work to this engine. All I know is that the mechanic at the ford place told me what would need to be done and I gave him the "OK" to do it.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-02-01 at 14:16:53
Once I get some more income, I'm going to have the engine bored .20 or .50 over, depending on how far I can go beofre I thin the walls out too much.

raynfall Posted on 2003-02-01 at 16:52:42
Well if your mechanic put bigger fuel rails on your car I suspect they are listed on the bill. As is the piston info, injector info and all. Nobody but a chump would just get a bill from a mechanic that only lists the total.

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-02-02 at 20:29:35
Oh no...I didn't get a bill. The work was done by a mechanic who is a freind of mine so he barely even charged me labor, as for the bill for the parts, it was done at the garage my dad works for, so the bill went through them and since I know where my dad lives and I've seen where he sleeps, I know he's not going to screw me. Blevins paid the bill and the I paid my dad. That way I got the parts for cost and on the bill I got from Blevins it just said fuel rails, race pistons, injectors, headers, ZEX nitrous ect. It didn't list what they wereor where they got them. I can ask but I don't know if Randy will remember. I'll let you know if he does.

raynfall Posted on 2003-02-02 at 20:43:29
Well get a photo of the engnie bay and send it to me. I'd love to see these fuel rails. Upgraded fuel rails for that engine would be sweet as hell. Allowing for some very nice upgrades

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-02-03 at 08:13:43
I havn't been able to get ahold of randy but once I do I'll let you in on the fun. And they beefed the hell outta my cars power!

raynfall Posted on 2003-02-03 at 15:47:27
cool, love to see it

96PGT!!! Posted on 2003-02-12 at 22:57:06
Some of you people in here say that you dont need a car that goes OVER 70mph!!! What the hell, I live in NJ, THe most compact state anywhere with cops everywhere and daily I bring my car past speeds of 80 and sometimes saying you dont need a car that goes over 70, why dont you get a civic or tercel

96PGT!!! Posted on 2003-02-12 at 22:57:25
Some of you people in here say that you dont need a car that goes OVER 70mph!!! What the hell, I live in NJ, THe most compact state anywhere with cops everywhere and daily I bring my car past speeds of 80 and sometimes saying you dont need a car that goes over 70, why dont you get a civic or tercel

raynfall Posted on 2003-02-12 at 23:30:02
I go well over 70. Usuallyu on the highway I take the PGT to 110 mph. And the Sprint has been kept to 90 and under. It still has an engine stutter and tires not rated for that speed so im being careful. Once it's done though..... :)

Rob Baker Posted on 2003-02-13 at 11:27:28
In NY, unless you're on I90 or 81, 65 will get you a ticket.

richard kurapka Posted on 2003-03-05 at 15:17:28
For all you people talking about playing it cool in ny and nj with speeding i say live a little. i regularly cruse at 115 mph and go 135 or so every now and then for fun where im aware of my surrounding not to get caught like a dickhead (on 1&9.

Lothos Posted on 2003-03-19 at 02:17:18
have a 96 GT, fastest I've taken it is a little over 125. Could maybe get up to 130-135, but interstates I normally drive on don't have long enough straights (live in Indiana).

bonzie Posted on 2006-04-04 at 23:09:14
i have had my 1994 ford probe se 2.0 up to only 128 then i ran out of road.

lakaiformiles Posted on 2006-04-18 at 22:01:34
dude, my probe, STOCK, went eightybegilion miles an hour

Tomasz Przybylowski Posted on 2006-05-03 at 16:33:56
I have a 95 GT i got it up to 125 and its was still pushing...

Joshua DesRoches Posted on 2006-05-09 at 19:41:45
My 94 is Stock, and i got it up to 100 miles per hour, on a short back brokin up pavement road.

KILLAKRIKS Posted on 2006-10-10 at 14:15:41
I Have a 97 gt 2.5 V6 i never have toped it out but got her going 132 with at about 6300 so i beat i can get her up to 145 with some intake mods and chip mods

turn on images to use this navigation bar ©1999 all rights reserved
210 ms